Monday, February 13, 2012

First day of the last week

Today is the first day of my last week of work. I chose to leave. I worry very little, which I find odd.  At first I was so afraid.  I worried daily that I would make the wrong choice or I would anger my boss.  Often when driving home I felt so helpless that I wanted to just drive off the road so I wouldn't have to go in the next day.  I didn't want to die, I just didn't want to go back to that job. It started when I decided we should hire a consultant to help us communicate better. The consultant was very nice, helpful and told both my boss and I that we needed to push our team more. I am my bosses team, my team is a group of people, more than half new to the industry and our company. I pushed, my boss pushed harder, it was a mess. I gave it my all, then there was nothing left. The consultant says, "you are unhappy, why don't you just leave?"  I was like, what, are you serious, I am responsible for another human, my child is still living at home, how could I possibly??? Then it hit me, "I want a package, is that possible?" Yes, yes it is.  A relief of stress, and the ability for me to say, "I quit," caused this lead weight to be lifted. I am excited, nervous, and cannot wait for this week to end. I have never not had a job in the past 20 years and right now it feels amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment